When injury occurs, your nervous system's initial response is to protect the injured tissues as the body takes itself through the stages of healing. Pain, tight/tense muscles, limited/painful movements, altered movements, movement compensations, muscle spasms, muscle weakness, guarded or abnormal posturing, fear and altered sensations are all part of our body’s protective responses. Normal healing process takes about 3 months although in some cases this protective response can continue to occur long after healing has taken place.
While many think of pain and tissue damage (injury) as always presenting together, this is not the case. You can have pain and no tissue damage as well as damaged or degenerated tissues with no pain. Resolving your pain is not a matter of waiting for enough time for healing but a matter of providing the right environment for your body to heal. It is necessary that you become an educated and active participant in your recovery for successful healing and resolution of your pain whether acute or chronic in nature.
John Paul can help assist you at each level of the healing process or if necessary when your pain becomes a chronic issue long after the injured tissues have healed for the following conditions:
- Orthopedic injuries and post-operative care for the neck, back, shoulder, elbow, wrist/hand, hip, knee, ankle/foot
- Arthritis Management
- Balance Issues, Fall Prevention and Dizziness/Vestibular Disorders
- Overuse/Sports Injuries (Tendonitis/bursitis, Sprains and Strains)
- Sports Specific Rehab and Performance Training
- Chronic or Persistent Pain Conditions